Saturday, May 29, 2010

Postcards from Germany: La Villeta, Dresden

with Evelyn W

I have been to this nice little place a few times in my previous trips to Dresden...and have always enjoyed it. The restaurant features a nice open kitchen and a grocery store, and I understand is related to the Villa Marie I had earlier written about by the Blue Wonder Bridge.

The cuisine is definitely Italian, with a touch of Germany.



I started with a pasta: spagetti with tomato sauce.



The pasta is fresh, from what I rekon...its a bit on the soft side, but I gather this is how the Germans prefer their pasta, instead of the al dente preferred by the Italians. I belong to the Italian camp here, preferring the bite of the al dente...perhaps if to err, would prefer to err on slightly under rather than overcooking. The tomato sauce was freshly made, very fragrant and nicely balanced.

I had a rack of pork ribs...



Nicely cooked...and perfectly done...the meat within was pink, and juicy. The exterior, as can be seen is a beautiful, golden brown. Excellent plus plus.

Nice place, never disappointed me in several visits.


La Villetta Alimentare-Osteria Feinkost-Restaurant
www.la-villetta.com
Augsburger Straße 43
01309 Dresden, Germany
0351 31599-0



View Larger Map

No comments: