Thursday, December 6, 2012

Poulet

French week continues with Poulet is a rather new restaurant opening in the Bugis Plus building...revamped and reconcepted. This restaurant has been drawing rave reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Located in Bugis Plus, in a rather open seating area in the middle of the 4th floor

We ordered the poulet roti...roast chicken with cream sauce and mushrooms

The chicken was rather plainly roasted...with not much in the sense of seasoning and this resulted in rather mild tasting meat. The cream sauce was a tad overpowering, being very rich and heavy. I must say I have had better roasted chicken. The Beer Chicken I recently sampled at Chums had much more flavour and was richer in taste.

For starters, we had some baked escargot

I found the garlic sauce to be very light, and they seem to have put in some tomato puree on the bottom of each cup before inserting the escargot. Each snail was a bit small, but nevertheless ok in taste.

French fries

These were ok, and nothing special. Thick cut french fries, with a chilli tomato dipping sauce.

Certainly less than I had expected...perhaps my expectation was raised because of the reports, but this was rather normal chicken to me. True the price was not exorbitant...the whole chicken was below $30. And I can only recommend it if one is in the area, and yearning for roast chicken.

Poulet Restaurant
201 Victoria Street
Level 4 Bugis+, Singapore
6509 9411
Daily: 11.30am – 9.30pm

2 comments:

timing said...

Agreed! The other day I also purposely went all the way to Bugis+ to try, but was also disappointed. Chicken's not *bad*, it's "OK," but doesn't deserve all the praise it's been getting.

Anonymous said...

I liked their lamb more than the chicken. :-|