Monday, December 10, 2012

Ramen: Hachifukumaru at OG Orchard

Quick post today, as I am now in Germany for a business trip. More in-depth posts next week on my return. For today, I feature a small ramen place tucked behind the OG Department Store in Orchard Road.

I was introduced to this place by a friend who eats there regularly. Nice little place, as these ramen haunts tend to be...perhaps echoing the ramen-ya in Japan...

There were options for set meals, but I elected to try one of their special a la carte items, served with a chicken cutlet

Black sesame based sauce. They also offer a red sauce which is supposed to be spicy. I didn't try that. The soup was nicely flavoured, not too salty as many of these ramen soups tend to be. Nice, slurp-able soup. The fried chicken was ok, nothing special...the batter crisp, the meat within reasonably tender and juicy.

The noodles were nicely done, they had a good texture, springy. No egg was served with the ramen. Eggs were an extra charge item.

Overall, not a bad ramen, but these days the ramen scene in Singapore is getting rather crowded...we are getting pampered with so many options, and if I were in the area, I'd just walk a few meters across and have my ramen at Santouka.

Hachifukumaru Ramen Shop
OG Orchard Point, #01-130
6737 9713

No comments: