Monday, February 25, 2013

Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee at Tampines Round Market

Kolo mee...when I first saw it, I thought, its just wanton mee...what's the big fuss? Maybe its wanton mee done in certain style...but I later was told, its different.

How different? I am still not quite sure...maybe an enlightened reader can help me. I understand the noodles are done with just egg whites and no alkali. And the accompanying sides include wanton and char siew, but not necessarily.

Anyway, one of my friends recommend this Sarawak Kolo mee at the Tampines Round Market...so we went to try.

Apparently, Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee is one of the more famous ones in town.

The ingredients which accompany are nicely done...wanton with pork and crunchy chestnuts, deep fried crispy wanton, char siew, and braised pork ribs. This is the deluxe version, $5.

The noodles were curly, slighter lighter in tone than the regular Singapore wanton mee. Tasted very good. The ingredients were also very good.

Worth a journey to Tampines to eat? Some people think so. The queues are very long throughout the day. For me, I may seek this out to eat if I am nearby, but certainly not worth a trip almost half way across the island for a bowl.

Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee
137 Tampines Street 11,
#01-45 Tampines Round Market & Food Centre
9885 5513
5am – 3pm daily

2 comments:

FoodieFC said...

Seems like its quite vlaue for money considering the amount of ingredients given!

NJ said...

you have some really good recommendations on your blog here! I'mma gonna try these! The noodles looked handmade!